Sewing: Regency undress

Well, my big exciting post was on Friday, so nothing much to see here!

I have decided to make that outfit to wear the morning after the Regency 12th Night party...just a simple half-robe over a petticoat.

The half-robe will be made of the green printed cotton, and the petticoat of the wool/cotton blend twill. The pink side is technically the wrong side, but that's the one I'm using for this petticoat because I like it better! (The purple side will be used for an 18thc under-petticoat at some point, when I get around to it.)

Yesterday I ripped the panels for the petticoat, and today I sewed the side seams. Hopefully next week I'll be able to post about a finished petticoat and a partially sewn half-robe, but with the holidays who knows how much time I'll have for sewing...

Comments

  1. Hi, I'm interested in getting a review of my Sewing lessons site on Mandierw. I am willing to pay.I was wondering if that is something that you would be interested in?

    I can provide the content if you like. Let me know
    --
    Rob Dunfey
    619-240-6488
    goskateschool@gmail.com
    www.Sewinglessons.biz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment