Sewing Sunday: Not Much Sewing

I thought bunches about sewing, does that count?

No?

Fine.

I poked at the trim on the striped 1770s dress, as I think I want to wear that to the Francaise Dinner next month...but the red silk is fraying like nobody's business, and I'm not sure I'll be able to leave it on for another wearing. So I gave that up in disgust after stitching one piece of sleeve trim on. Should worry about that now, but I won't. Laters.

I also made a modern skirt. "Modern" apparently equals 1950s around here... I used the skirt of B5707 (OOP now), mainly because the fabric was a remnant and I just looked through my patterns til I found something that would fit on the fabric!
Werry high-quality photo. I'm starting to suspect I may have to replace my poor little camera...
The fabric's just under a yard of blue-and-black wool suiting - I got it when remnants were 75% off, and suitings were on sale...so I ended up paying less than $3 for it. Not Bad. It's lined in an unpleasant navy poly faille (dug out of my modern fabrics bin, and I have no idea where it came from, because I know I didn't buy it) that would NOT iron nicely. Stupid poly.

It's a pretty basic winter skirt, but I was sick of all my winter skirts so I like it!

Comments

  1. Ha! This was a fun post...Love the new skirt. You do the 1950s really well!
    Blessings!
    g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins and bows* Why, thank you! I'll be making more '50s things soon, I think!

      Delete

Post a Comment